Saturday, July 21, 2012

Captured Fairy in a Jar with Resin Waterfall and Nightlights

I did my first YouTube video (EVER) on this jar - very amateur and not well done lol but if you want to see it, it's at :  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UwNJ4pfvGg&feature=g-upl

Meet Alainn! On her tag is written:  "Afraid and far from home, Alainn went into the basement of an old house in the desert area of Idaho where I found her causing mischief.  She was playing in the current of a strong wind and was swept far far from her home.  She remembers the lush green of home and the rains that fell so plentifully so I am sending her to you in Ireland so she can again be blissful.  She is an enchanting fairy capable of very strong majik that helps your dreams become fulfilled.  She can come and go as she pleases but will always be with you when you're awake.  You will know when the time is right to pass her to another who needs their dreams to come to fruition.  Her majik is powerful.  She even helped make Cinderella's slippers." (The tag is covered in acrylic pink, crackle medium, silver paint, and a thick layer of enameling resin over the writing).
She's a NIGHTLIGHT!! I couldn't resist adding a string of rice wedding lights throughout the jar.

Front View - taken outside cuz it's too dark in my craft spot.

Two rows of vintage lace and a BIG OLE Prima Flower with an added piece of antiqued filigree, acrylic crylic flowers and some crystal dangles to give it a little bling.



Part of her story is that she helped create Cinderella's glass slippers so I used this plastic slipper, drilled a hole in it and added a filigree butterfly. The midsummer nights fairy dangle that is in another post on this blog is now home with the fairy jar.

This is my FAVORITE part - theWater Spirit!  I let resin drip to look like a waterfall, cut it out of the plastic cup I formed it in, added some Sail Boat Blue Adirondack Alcohol Ink to the back, molded a resin face and attached it (more on the pool under the fall below).


I purchased this pick of raspberries from JoAnn's but found so many of the little red beads in the bag when I got home that I was afraid they wouldn't deal well with time or shipping so I coated them all over with Glossy Accents.  LOVE THAT STUFF!

Under the resin Water Spirit Waterfall is a little pool that I made from tiny pieces of broken blue and white glass, covered in Glossy Accents and held a little Bronze Mermaid Charm in place till she dried.  Added a little bronze seashell to the moss rock behind her.  The seashell isn't even as big as a dime so you can get the idea of the size.

"Sort of" runs together smoothly.  The big flowers inside the jar (besides the crystal ones) are from Prima.



She seems to be starting to get a serene look on her face (for a Christmas Ornament she's pretty in purple huh?)

I also molded a bird out of clear resin and attached it to the gold glitter vines (they're off Christmas picks from JoAnn's btw).

Well, I hope she makes it to Ireland safe and sound.  Her new owner Niamh, from Life on the Scrapbeach has been waiting should give her a loving new home and she told us on the LOTSB site that she had recently seen a "real" fairy circle during a recent walk, so Alainn should feel right at home with her.

6 comments:

  1. this is wonderful ...and you are amazing hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see your stuff, the first word that pops into my head is "WOW!" This project is so cute down to the last amazing detail! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Boni!!! and definitely the same can be said about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is amazing i absolutely love fairies but could never make one of these u r amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic, so much detail, so pretty in every way :O) I think captured fairys are so sweet X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love! Fairy circles are on my bucket list and have been spotted in North Carolina:)

    ReplyDelete